Saturday, April 18, 2009

Update

Things have been going very well at Morning Star House this week. The nannies for the most part are doing very well and the babies have settled and are doing well.

It is amazing that just a little over a week ago I thought there was probably no way this work could continue, everything that could possibly go wrong was and I just didn't think we would see it settle! I'm so thankful that it has and my faith has been increased again.

Some good and bad news. The bad news is that on a legal front, some things have happened, or not happened, that hold our moving forward to a bigger place right away. This is bad news for several reasons, but the biggest is that the place we are now is too small and because of the traffic going in and out is not ideal.

The good news is the orphanage has been very happy with the care of the kids. The orphanage has an overwhelming amount of sick babies and have a long list of babies they want to send us. We have agreed to take two more but can't take more until we have a bigger place. This is very frustrating, knowing kids need help, and being asked to help, and not being able to.

I think it was easy while we were working on getting this going to pretend, or even look around and assume that the need wasn't as big as it is. Now that we are in it, the need is overwhelming, heartbreaking, and sometimes takes my breath away. I suppose if we had 1 million dollars and began work on a building tomorrow, we could have it filled within days. Although we have to be careful, filling another institution with children is not our goal, and would serve hardly any additional purpose.

Yesterday I held Abby. She tends to cry a fair amount unless she is being held. For a while I couldn't find a way that she wouldn't cry, and no matter what I did she fussed, until I brought her up to my chest with her face close to mine. After looking at me for 10 minutes she fell fast asleep and I was able to put her in her bed.

At first as I was holding her I kept trying to settle her so I could put her back down, thinking that she needed to learn to settle herself because the nannies can't always be holding her, but then when she settled looking at me I realized that no matter what, her being in my arms, or any arms that love her, is where she needs to be. Bathes, a nice crib, and milk are nothing compared to her biggest need, love.

These are things I've always known, always believed, but faced with the overwhelming need of just saving lives, it is hard to know what decision is best. So I'm thankful for this time of very small scale intimate care that we can work these things out in our hearts with the wisdom He provides.

The sponsorship program is going. You can take a look at the side link for more info. The only baby that is not available for sponsorship right now is Corrie. I think she still has sponsors at the home she used to be at, I haven't worked that out yet, but until I know she isn't being sponsored elsewhere she isn't available.

Thank you everyone for your prayer, I know that your support behind us is how everything went so well this week!