Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Luke Update October 14th

I wish I had good news to share, but I don't. I really don't have much news of anything.

I received word that his lab work was ok, great, a week later to find out it is ok.

The results of the ultrasound we still don't have but apparently they suspect a gallstone, which I highly doubt due to timing and his age, though what it could be I don't know. Due to timing I suspect something post surgical related...oh don't get me started about the 5 inch scar across his belly.

I'm crying right now because I'm so helpless. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to waste money and go down there if I can do nothing.

I have had many talks with his nanny who is with him now about how we should not proceed with surgery for him if it will just hurt him and not help him, that was in regards to his heart. She sent a message tonight asking that we not do surgery, because he is so weak and frail, because she knows it will just hurt him.

I really don't know what the doctors are thinking now, if you are frustrated with the medical systems in the country that you live and are reading this now I respectfully ask you to reconsider, as things are far worse here. I no longer have any control to tell them not to do surgery, as if a doctor says to do it and I refuse we will be blamed.

I want to scoop him up and hold him till he is better, or at least until the Lord heals him in whatever that means, but this, the waiting, the not knowing, this is not easy.