Monday, November 23, 2009

Pray for Corrie

It looks like Corrie will be having surgery soon, just as soon as the hospital has a bed for her, and this is good because she is having reoccurring bladder infections and is getting sick every few weeks.

As you know when Corrie came to us 1 year ago she was tiny. She has always struggled to eat. She is incredibly stubborn, it seems strange, but she truly is. She will allow food to be put in her mouth but she refuses to swallow.

As I have said before with her it is like it is always 3 steps forward 2 steps back.

For the last few months she has gained hardly anything. She refuses to eat hardly anything and she drinks only a few ounces of milk a day. No matter how hard we try or her nannies try, she won't eat. There is nothing she likes. She will eat a little, then stop and refuse to eat more.

We have tried everything, everything. I know for a fact we should have asked you this a long time ago, but we are asking now.

Will you please pray for her? Pray that she starts eating and gaining weight. We are very concerned about her, and very concerned that if she doesn't gain weight her physically abilities, which are already limited, will not continue to progress.

It is very difficult taking care of her. I know that the nannies have a hard time, and I know this because I have a very difficult time when I take care of her. I get very upset and even angry at times. That is what it is like taking care of such a special needs child.

Please pray for our staff, that they continue to have patience with her and that they would be able to gently encourage her to grow and learn.

On another note. There is a baby boy who was brought to our attention over the weekend. He is 9 months and weighs 5 pounds. The hospitals in BJ have said there is nothing they can do for him. There is a hospital who I have contacted who has agreed to take him but they have no beds. Will you please pray for him and pray that if a bed opens in the hospital before he dies that the orphanage where he is will allow him to go.