After a long conversation with the liason in between us and the embassy this morning I received a phone call this afternoon that had hope at least.
For Corrie: Corrie is scheduled to have surgery April 1. Though much longer than we have all been hoping, and not the way everyone thought it would be done, at least she is going to have surgery. Nothing should change this and the top doctors here have already agreed and are on board. She will actually be having surgery at a better facility that planned.
For Luke: The team of doctors that were coming demanded to do a certain procedure, if no candidate, i.e. orphaned child, could be found, they would not come. Luke is not a candidate for the surgery, no child here is, so they are refusing to come. This has put the embassy in a very bad position and they are very embarrassed. It was explained to them that there is no plan B with Luke, they understood and are very sorry.
As it stands now, Luke is still on the program, he is one of the children they will be doing surgery on, BUT it will not be done at the end of January as expected, it will probably be beginning of March, and, a doctor, willing to do the surgery, still has to be found. The doctor from the embassy is going back to his home country to find a good surgeon willing and capable of doing Lukes surgery.
This is where I need you. I will be emailing a couple of you to find out if you have any contacts in this country, which I can't say on the blog. I also have a top US neonatologist looking for a surgeon and I trust him and know he wants only the best for Luke. Please pray that a surgeon is found, that his heart is soft, and even that he/she is a believer. Pray that Luke's heart lasts long enough for the surgeon to get here. Pray for all the people involved, that we would be full of grace and love as we work together to care for Luke and that God would be Glorified!