
Those of you who have been in the "know" for some time know that Corrie is our little miracle and holds a special place in our heart. What you may not know, since Luke has had so much attention and we have been focusing our energies into some of the sicker kids, what has been happening behind the scenes in Corries life!
Just over a year ago she was one of the cutest little babies you ever did see, but at just 12lbs you would never have guessed she was a year old. Tiny as tiny can be when we first saw her, it is a miracle she is alive today, but this little girl is special and chooses to laugh her way through her difficult life.
When we walk into the room Corrie is the first one to crane her head to find us, when she does she puts her arms out and wants us to take her, it is short lived as she will go back and forth between us for as long as we are together, she thinks she is very clever dividing her time with us up. As soon as she gets in my arms she starts jumping and giving me hugs, as if all at once to say, "mama I love you but mama i want to PLAY!!"
As you know we she has been admitted 3 times in the past few months as we have tried to get surgery for her imperforate anus completed. Each time she has been admitted she has developed a fever and surgery has been canceled. Finally this last time, after waiting a week in the hospital, they agreed that they should go ahead with surgery and almost two weeks ago they finally did.
What you probably don't know is that almost everyone who see's her asks us if she has Down Syndrome, to which we always reply, no, she has Turners Syndrome. We have never done testing, it was just something her doctors and us have always agreed on, she has classic features and problems that lead us to suspect this.
For whatever reason at her second admission the surgeon asked for genetic testing to be done.
The results came back last week, each of her doctors jaw dropped when they saw the results, completely normal.
My jaw dropped, I could not believe it! It really makes no sense! But you can imagine how much easier it will be to get her adoption paperwork done with normal genetics!!!
A few days ago the doctors let Corrie start eating again, she subsequently had a bowel movement and in one of the worse possible outcomes to the surgery, the surgery didn't hold. Doctors immediately all agreed they must do a colostomy. Each doctor over the last few days has been grim, each saying there is no other way.
I was devastated. Such a journey to get her to this point and now a colostomy, as if she hasn't had enough.
But we started praying, so many of you started praying, so many people all over the world started praying. Our supervisor told us she hoped for a miracle "just like Luke."
I knew, or thought I knew, that even if God intervened and healed her the doctors would still put a colostomy in, they wouldn't be able to prove well without her having a bowel movement that she was "healed" and would make this decision anyway, so I didn't think there was any way to avoid a colostomy.
Late yesterday afternoon the phone rang from a cell number I didn't recognize, when I answered it was the surgeon.
She said she had been talking to her colleagues and they think that perhaps they should NOT do a colostomy and just let her surgery site heal and see what happens!!
You say WHAT? This is not medical advice! This is not normal! All these same doctors had told me that things didn't look good and there was NO OPTIONS, I asked each of them point blank. I even suggested leaving it, they just shook their heads!
So little miracle baby, baby girl that God loves so much and who has changed our lives forever, I can't wait to see how God continues to heal your little body and praying that He is preparing a family for you right now!