Thursday, June 24, 2010

Emily and New Babies


After only 6 days in hospital (amazing! last baby was sitting there for 5 weeks,) Emily recieved surgery on Wednesday to move around some of her heart so that she can funtion better. It is not a full repair, she will need future surgery.

A friend of ours, a pediatrician and neonatologist, has been fostering Emily in their family for the last month. Because of his work here he became friends with the head doctor at the ICU at the hospital Emily is at. The doctor invited us to come and visit yesterday. I have to say, I was beyond impressed by the medical facility. We have worked with this hospital for some time but we have not seen where the kids are actually treated, it was very nice, clean and modern.

Amazingly the doctor said Emily is doing so well she will be discharged from ICU today and may come home next week!



As all this is going on we were called and asked to take 3 more children. As we were trying to find a way to fit in 3 more we received a call from an orphanage director saying they had just received a baby who is about 5 months old and has a severe heart defect. They would like to send the baby directly to us because we could help and they are happy with how we have been able to help.

When they told us it was so serious, but with no details I thought why not, I will just ask. I asked them to make a passport for her in case she needed to go overseas that way she would not have to go back. I thought, no way, but they agreed!!

Praying that God is glorified in all this, and for wisdom and provision as we navigate the unknown yet again. More babies means many more needs, 6 more staff, and even a new place and new car. YIKES!

Here are some just for fun pix.