This has been an exciting and emotional few weeks.
Two weeks ago we said goodbye to Abby. Abby has been with us for a year and a half and in that time we have tried to help her but ultimately couldn't. We have asked other homes who specialize in CP to help her, but all are too full. We made the decision to send her back to her home town to a Christian Doctor who has a home their, in hopes that they can find some way to help her.
When he arrived he was very unwell but I expected he would continue to improve and treated him for the symptoms he still had. He didn't improve.
On Tuesday he stopped breathing, I was at the hospital with other babies. He revived thanks to the diligence of our staff.
We took him to the hospital but he was much improved and they sent us home again to treat him at home. On Friday I took him back to the hospital for a follow up and they wanted to admit but we could not because it was the foreign hospital and they required more than $5000 for admission. They agreed to treat him on an outpatient basis. He came home to our house Friday so that we could monitor him.
About 3 am he woke up and was unhappy. After a few minutes of being unsettled and crying he stopped breathing and turned blue. I could not find a pulse and started CPR. Within a few minutes of CPR, and calling on Jesus, he revived. Because it was the middle of the night the hospital was not an option, there aren't doctors avail at night, and because he was breathing again we decided to wait till morning.
As we were preparing to go to the hospital the next morning he was again crying and unsettled and stopped breathing again. This time I started CPR in the car. We raced to the hospital, and after many phone calls and pleading, he was admitted. They are treating him for pneumonia and will be looking for other reasons for the distress. The doctors were not too hopeful yesterday morning of his outcome.
We will be posting some more information soon about some needs that MSFH now has. I will hopefully have a chance to update soon.